200 hour yoga teacher training
200-Hour YTT Yoga Teacher Training In Medellín, Colombia
BECOME A QUALIFIED YOGA TEACHER IN MEDELLÍN, COLOMBIA WITH OUR 200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING!
Coming soon to Flying Tree Yoga we will be offering a month-long 200-hour certification course, registered with the Yoga Alliance, to give you the opportunity to become a Yoga teacher.
We will be offering a fun, dynamic and creative course, with an emphasis on empowering you to plan and deliver your own classes to the public. We teach an alignment based Hatha Yoga that is suitable both for active flows and for more restorative or relaxing classes. From week one we place an emphasis on practical experience - that means getting out there and trying out your teaching skills! You will be closely supported in small groups and carefully guided through your month's journey.
The course is designed to give you a thorough introduction to the traditional basis of yoga - its philosophy and rich history, while preparing you to be a teacher in the modern world.
Techniques, training and practice: 100 hours, including:
- Asana - an introduction to the physical postures, alignment, physiology, benefits and contraindications
- Advanced asana workshop - a time to play and experiment with inversions and balances
- Basic adjustments and hands-on assists: how to use your hands
- Pranayama - breathing techniques to control our vital energy
- Meditation - a thorough introduction to mindfulness meditation techniques
Teaching methodology: 35 hours, including:
- Sequencing - how to build quality sequences for both active flow classes and relaxing classes
- A guide to restorative yoga
- Qualities of a good teacher
- Addressing the needs of individual students
- Professional skills: marketing / business and legal
Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics: 30 hours, including:
- An introduction to the core philosophy of Yoga: the 8 limbs of yoga and Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
- The Yamas and Niyamas: building your ethical base
- Ethical considerations as yoga teachers
- An introduction to Ayurveda, the traditional Indian system of holistic medicine
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours, including:
- Applied anatomy and physiology of the human body for yoga practice
- The energetic body: an introduction to chakras
Practicum: 15 hours, including:
- Teaching practice as the lead teacher
- Observation, evaluation, discussion and feedback
- Assisting while someone else is teaching
Our program is unique in offering you the ability to follow it up by gaining professional teaching experience in our studio, Flying Tree Yoga! With the support of our senior teaching team, you will plan and deliver classes to the general public and receive constructive feedback. It's a great way to find your feet as a teacher in a safe and nurturing space.
Our teacher training will always be followed by an internships program, allowing you to spend 2 months preparing yourself for the wider world of Yoga teaching.
For those who are interested in learning to teach Yoga in Spanish, we also offer language courses for Yoga teaches.
Click here to visit our dedicated internship page!
DATES AND PRICING
Course 1: March 2nd - 29th
Course 2: June 29th - July 26th
Price: $1,800 USD.
Price including the month's internship program (2 months study total): $2,400 USD
This price will include your accommodation in rooms shared with one other person of the same gender and tuition. Food is not included, but you will find that it is very cheap here in Colombia and the studio has a fully equipped kitchen. As part of the course we will be preparing together all kinds of tasty ayurvedic meals for lunch!
Please write us for more information!